Who are we?
The NSW Kashrut Authority Inc (ABN 40 334 602 651) trading as The Kashrut Authority (“The Kashrut Authority”, “KA”, “we”, “our”, “us”) is committed to the highest levels of customer and user service as well as protecting your privacy. We are registered and regulated by the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission. All our data and information collection and retention is bound by the Privacy Act which regulates the protection of your personal information.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you during the subscription process when you enter your email address. When registering a new subscription, you may be asked to enter your email-address, with your operating-system version recorded as well. These are the only two attributes from you we collect, and it's completely optional, and does not hinder the application in any way.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
· To personalise your experience
(your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
· To improve our application and re-design future applications
(we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
· To improve the User service
(your information helps us to more effectively respond to your (The User’s) service requests and support needs)
· To send periodic emails
The email address you provide is used for application news and any urgent alerts.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email. You will continue to receive our emails, our partners’ emails and relevant material, including promotional material, unless you follow the unsubscribe instructions and link at the bottom of each email.
You may delete the application at any time.
Please note that unless you have specifically given us your personal information, we only collect device information to identify your device, as opposed to you individually. You will therefore need to opt out each device you use if you wish that device to be opted out of our service.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. We may release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our app policies, or protect our or others rights, property, or safety.
If at any time, you wish to access your personal information, we will fully welcome any of your requests to access your personal information subject to any legal exceptions. We reserve the right to only accept information requests in writing.
The purpose of this policy is to set out an Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) by which The User will abide while using this application. The User agrees to comply with the following policies and assume responsibility for the compliance of all The Users permitted to use KA iKosher App.
Terms and Conditions of Use
As a service, the standard Acceptable Use Policy is provided below.
1. Right to Service.
- KA iKosher App will be provided on an "as is and as available" basis. Further, The KA provides no warranty, written, expressed, or implied, for any mobile content providing services, including, without limitation, warranty of the merchantability and warranty of fitness for a particular purpose. This expressly includes any reimbursement for losses of income due to disruption of service by The KA or its providers beyond the fees paid to The KA for services.
- The User must use the App in a manner consistent and compliant with any and all applicable laws of the Commonwealth of Australia and the State of New South Wales.
- Use of any information obtained by way of the App is at The User’s own risk, and The KA specifically denies any responsibility for the accuracy or quality of information obtained through its services. The KA makes no warranty, written, expressed or implied of any guaranteed uptime, or that the App will function at a reliable level based on past performance.
- The KA is not responsible for any damages arising from The User’s or The Users’ use of the App.
2. Limit of Liability.
The KA shall not be liable for any content posted, opinions expressed, or actions taken by any of The Users of the App. Any conduct that violates the laws, regulations, or the accepted norms of the Internet/mobile community or the community standards in which The User lives, whether expressly mentioned in the Terms and Conditions of Use or not, is prohibited. The KA reserves the exclusive right to prohibit any activities that it deems will adversely affect its commercial reputation or goodwill, endanger its network, impact The Users, or expose it to liability or tort.
3. Modification of Agreement.
The KA reserves the right to add, modify, or delete any provision of this Agreement at any time and without notice. The KA reserves the exclusive right and will be the sole arbiter as to what constitutes a violation of any of these provisions.
4. Potentially Tortuous or Illegal Conduct.
The following shall be construed as violations of this Agreement and may result in suspension or deletion of The Users’ account or in termination of this Agreement.
- The App may be used only for lawful purposes. Transmission, distribution, or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is strictly prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property right used without proper authorisation, or material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
- No one shall post defamatory, scandalous, or private information about a person without their consent or with intention to inflict emotional distress, or post any information that violates any rightful trademarks, copyrights, or other intellectual property rights.
- Falsifying any User information provided to The KA or to other Users of the App.
5. Consequences of Violation.
If The KA becomes aware of an alleged violation of any of the Terms and Conditions of Use, or any other policy, The KA shall initiate an investigation. During the investigation, The KA may restrict The User’s access to the App or associative applications/solutions, in order to prevent further possible unauthorised activity. The KA may, at its sole discretion, restrict, suspend, or terminate The User's account without notice or refund, or pursue civil remedies as it deems necessary. The KA shall notify the appropriate law enforcement department of any such violations. The KA shall not be responsible for any payment, refunds, or compensation in any way for service.
KA iKosher End User Licence Agreement
“App”- The KA’s kosher application.
“Content” – Mobile content, including the App, advice and other content.
“The KA”- means The Kashrut Authority.
“The User” – The individual person or company who downloads uses or accesses the App.
By downloading this application, you confirm that you understand this Agreement and that you accept all its provisions and its related terms and conditions.
In consideration of the terms in this Agreement, The User and The KA agree as follows:
The KA agrees to provide services to The User as follows:
(a) Provide kashrut product information timely.
(b) Provide kashrut advice, and localised guides
2. Ownership Rights.
The KA shall retain all copyrights to content provided in the App, including copyrights to derivative work. The User does not acquire any ownership rights to the Content or the Content after modification into a derivative work.
Content is provided on a subscription-model, which is auto-renewed implicitly, unless The User explicitly cancels the subscription, at any stage, via iTunes.
4. Usage Rights.
The User is granted usage and access rights to mobile content provided via the Kashrut Authority services. The User may not duplicate or redistribute the Content by any means (physically or digitally).
5. Returns on Subscriptions.
There are no returns on subscriptions once purchased. The User reserves the right to cancel the subscription and prevent auto-renewal, at any time, prior to lapse and roll-over of subscription.
6. Termination of Agreement.
If any part of this Agreement has been violated by The User, The KA, at its sole discretion, may terminate The User’s license to access and use the Content.
7. Limited Warranty and Limitation on Damages.
The KA attempts to provide the most up to date Kashrut information, relevant to the Australian market, but due to technical limitations and unexpected circumstances, may not be able to provide 100% uptime. The KA provides no warranty to you with regard to the use or performance of the App.
The KA makes no warranty that the software will be error-free or free from interruptions or other failures, or that the software will meet your specific requirements. Under no circumstances shall we be liable to you or to any other person for damages from your use of this app and its related software. Any deemed liability shall be limited to the amount you paid for this application. You may only install or use this application and related software for personal use. Any other use is a breach of this license.
8. General Provisions.
8.1 Entire Agreement.
This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties. No modification of this Agreement shall be valid unless made in writing and signed by both of the parties.
8.2 Governing Law.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Australia and the State of New South Wales.
8.3 Binding Effect.
This Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of The User and The KA and their respective successors and assigns.
The waiver by either party of any breach or failure to enforce any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement at any time shall not in any way affect, limit, or waive such party’s right thereafter to enforce and compel strict compliance with every term and condition of this Agreement.
10. Good Faith.
Each party represents and warrants to the other that such party has acted in good faith, and agrees to continue to so act, in the negotiation, execution, delivery, performance, and any termination of this Agreement.
The User agrees to indemnify and hold The KA harmless from any and all claims brought by any third party relating to any aspect of the Services, creative or other content, including, but without limitation, any claims resulting from any demands, liabilities, losses, costs, and claims, including attorney's fees.